This post is intended to be fun, and of course does not represent what Calvinists or Arminians really believe.
Top 10 Movie Proofs that Calvinism is False
10. Doc’s DeLorean in “Back to the Future” makes it impossible to decree a fixed future.
9. Calvinism says all are depraved, yet Spiderman is good. Ergo, Calvinism is false.
8. Dorothy proves the center of the universe is Kansas, not Geneva. Perhaps not coincidentally, Nazarene Theological Seminary is in Kansas City.*
7. Mama says “life is like a box of chocolates”. It’s a mystery as to how and why this is relevant, but it definitely proves that Arminianism is true. If you disagree, remember, don’t talk back to God.
6. Frodo (and Gollum) destroyed the precious, evil is already gone. Tricksy Hobitses.
5. The Oompa Loompas never mention Calvin in their songs.
4. As long as he keeps his helmet on, Magneto is immune to mind control, making “irresistable grace” impossible.
3. Do you feel lucky? Do you punk? If you feel lucky, you have proven that election is based on a condition. The same is true if you don’t feel lucky.
2. Han Solo proves there are six “Solos”, not five.
1. The hero in “The Princes Bride” is Wesley, not Calvin. Any other conclusion would be inconceivable.
*NTS is actually in Kansas City, Missouri. Close though. :)